Monday, October 20, 2008

The Drama Mama

Picture it. Chambersburg AppleFest. Saturday. So, there I was, walking down the sidewalk on my way to the bathroom (imagine that). I see an extension cord in front of me, I think I've picked my feet up far enough, but alas, I did not. I take a face plant right into the sidewalk and am immediately surrounded by strangers. I'll tell you now that both the baby and I are fine. I was sent to the hospital by the EMT where they said that the baby was fine and I wasn't contracting. I did however knock the crap out of my chin and knees. I think what I did was come down on my knees and hands first then inertia (big fat objects in motion being what they are) propelled me forward and that's when I smacked my chin.
So, for the rest of the day I'm sure I was known as the clumsy pregnant girl. The good thing was that AFTER I made a jackass out of myself, the extension cord owners taped it down to the sidewalk.
The good news is that both Ben and I made it just fine. The only thing really hurt was, of course, my pride.

1 comment:

harskins said...

i got one for you...us clumsy preggo people. I walked into the handicap stall...the one with extra room. turned around. pulled down my pants. missed the toilet and fell straight on my ass and scared the myself silly. Knocked the wind out of me falling staright down with the force of my weight and of course very embarassing as my shoes fell off out of the stall and everyone knew what happened. I missed the toilet. its fun not knowing your own dimensions. Glad your doing well though.